Employer: Link-Up (Qld)
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
Link-Up (QLD) Aboriginal Corporation supports the healing journeys of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have been separated from their families and communities through forced removal, adoption, fostering or institutionalisation. We deliver professional, culturally sensitive and confidential research, reunion and cultural wellbeing services.
We provide our service in a sensitive, confidential and culturally appropriate manner and use all available resources to assist those looking to find their family.
The role: The Communications, Promotions and Events Manager will promote and build the public profile of Link-Up (Qld) programs and projects locally, regionally, and nationally.
The role will focus on the coordination, development and implementation of the Organisation’s Communications outputs and activities which include events, launches, branding, marketing, promotions, media liaison, publications, website management and social media updates.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated understanding of the history, culture and impacts of the forcible removal of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- High level oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to engage effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively as a member of a team.
- High level of computer literacy and communication skills and an ability to use a range of computer software packages including Microsoft Office, the Adobe software suite, desktop publishing and graphics software.
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit and develop creative content for all forms of print and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coordinate significant and special events.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coordinate culturally appropriate events and project specific workshops
- Experience in supervising, motivating and performance managing staff.
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships and build partnerships to support and promote Link-Up (Qld) programs.
- High level communication skills, both written and oral, and experience developing communication strategies.
- Demonstrate personal drive and integrity through high level professionalism, resilience and self-awareness.
- Demonstrated competence in use of business technology, internet and desktop applications; e.g. outlook, word, spreadsheet and database packages.
- Ability to travel for work purposes.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Friday 12th June 2020 at 4:00pm. All applicants must address the Essential Selection Criteria, submit a current resume and a role appropriate Cover Letter. If you do not provide these three requirements, your application will not be considered. Late applications will not be accepted.
For information about the position contact Rebecca Oberle on 07 3638 0411 or 1800 200 855. For a copy of the Position Description, please request via email Rebecca Oberle [email protected]
Applications via Seek or email to will be accepted: [email protected]
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.