Employer: Kingston East Neighbourhood Group Inc. (KENG)
Closing Date: 24 January 2020
We are looking for an experienced Support Worker to work with families with children aged 0-12 years in the Logan community and our multi-disciplinary team in the Communities for Children Family Support Program. Kingston East Neighbourhood Group Inc. is a Not-For-Profit community organisation offering a diverse range of programs and services for the Logan community.
The successful applicant must hold:
- Tertiary qualifications in the Early Childhood or Social/Human Services or related fields, and/or extensive experience in one or more of these areas.
- Demonstrated evidence of comprehensive understanding of theory and practice relevant to primary prevention and early intervention work with children and families and the link between early childhood support, family support and education.
- Training in (or the ability to acquire skills in) the delivery of evidence-based parenting and family support programs.
- Ability to liaise effectively with community groups, health-related professionals, government departments and agencies at all levels and to the broader community.
- Proven organisational skills, demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and using initiative, with a strong sense of commitment. Sound knowledge and/or experience in data collection and program evaluation.
- Highly developed written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills and sound computer skills.
The position is permanent part time 32 hours per week and paid under the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010, at Level 4. If you have experience and relevant qualifications and are passionate about working with the community to make a difference, please call 3808 1684 or email [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Position Description and Selection Criteria.