Employer: Community Plus+
Closing Date: 23 May 2022
Use your community development skills to maximise positive impact Work collaboratively to develop positive responses to community needs and aspirations Build your stakeholder network and support community members to navigate services.
Join a purpose-driven team in Brisbane’s Inner South
Do you love working with community members and professional networks? Do you gain satisfaction from empowering communities to pool efforts and achieve shared goals? Are you proactive and looking to make a difference in a part-time role? We’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Community Plus+ is a not-for-profit community-based organisation. We deliver a place-based, integrated Neighbourhood Centre model across Brisbane Inner South. Through a combination of centre-based and outreach activities, we are active partners with local communities in placemaking, working alongside partners, stakeholders, other agencies and community members to be the ears of the community, and the voice of Brisbane’s Inner South.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role works across community development as well as community and individual support.
Community Plus+ is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking community development worker to maximise impact. This is a part-time role of 24 hours per week, working across 3 or more days.
Success in this role looks like:
- Clear understanding of the communities we serve – the issues, trends, needs and aspirations
- Collaborative work with professional, business and community groups to develop positive responses to community needs and aspirations
- Strong network built to connect, support and empower community members
- Activities and groups enhance community members’ well-being and connections
- Community members treated with respect and supported to access govt services
- Work tracked and reported, with successes big and small celebrated
- You thrive in purpose-driven organisations and value social justice.
- You’re a problem solver and like a challenge.
- You enjoy working cohesively in groups as well as autonomously.
- You are committed to building strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- You have strong values and bring a positive and supportive attitude to your work.
This pivotal role in a collaborative environment, includes benefits of:
- Beginning salary at Level 4.1 SCHADS Award, plus superannuation
- Salary sacrificing packages available, increasing your take home pay
- 24 hours per week across 3 days or more
- Supportive culture of growth through reflection, coupled with informal and formal training opportunities
More information is available in the attached Position Description.
We appreciate your time and effort.