Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: Central Queensland
Closing Date: 6 April 2023
- Employment Term: Full-Time or Part-Time maximum term opportunity available until June 30, 2023 with the possibility of extension
- Location: Discovery Coast Region
- Remuneration: $39 – $45 per hour + 10.5% Super + Not for Profit Salary Packaging
We are currently seeking to appoint a motivated energetic person to join our team as a Community Support Worker servicing the Discovery Coast Region on a full time or part time basis to 30 June 2023 with the possibility of extension.
As a Community Support Worker you will plan, develop, implement, and support appropriate initiatives aimed at fostering community capacity and inter-community linkages within the Discovery Coast region. You will:
- Provide readily accessible and appropriate information, advice and referrals to community members and groups in regard to community living support.
- Undertake regular needs analysis to inform community education programs that raise awareness of social and cultural issues, needs and opportunities.
- Provide training and support for community volunteers.
All resources required for service delivery are made available in the role.
What makes a difference for us?
As the first point of contact for families referred to the Family Support Program you will need an easy going, friendly nature which will assist you to work with both staff, relevant stakeholders, community members and families who access the service. In addition to the above you will also be required to have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in human services or related field or relevant work experience.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card)
What makes a difference for you?
At UnitingCare we are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families to work toward their future life goals. Right across Queensland, we support thousands of people living with a disability to imagine and build personally meaningful lives.
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Access to salary packaging, meal and entertainment benefits – up to $15,900 per year tax free as well as up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for meal and entertainment benefits
- A recognition and rewards platform, providing employee discounts at hundreds of retailers, including everyday expenses, holidays, health insurance, a wellbeing program and employee assistance program
- A positive and inclusive team based on respect, shared standards, strong values and a commitment to serving others
- Career development opportunities to challenge yourself, grow and make a meaningful difference
We’d love you to be part of our UnitingCare family
Joining our Family Intervention Service team, you’ll also be welcomed as part of the UnitingCare family. The second-largest Queensland employer, we’re a proud not-for-profit with more than 16,500 staff and 9,000 volunteers across our brands of BlueCare, Lifeline, ARRCS, The Wesley Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital, St Stephen’s Hospital, and St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, and have been leading by example for more than 100 years. Our team are compassionate, inclusive and committed to the work we do, helping people live life in all its fullness.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. Demonstrating our commitment to reconciliation and building long-term employment opportunities for First Nations peoples, UnitingCare strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for this position.
All employees are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements and UnitingCare’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements policy. The successful applicant must be able to provide a Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.