Employer: Jabiru Community Youth and Children's Services
Closing Date: 5 July 2019
Jabiru Community Youth and Children’s Services is a community-based non-profit organisation committed to providing community services and support to children, young people and families.
Currently, within our Communities team, we are looking for a passionate practitioner to take on the role of Community Worker – Integrated Early Years Services. This role is a part time contract (22.5hrs) a week commencing early to mid July, funded for a period of 12 months (until 30 June 2020)
We are seeking a person who has at least 2 years’ experience in case management with children and family support.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Children and Families program is funded by Department of Education and provides advocacy, counselling, family support, case management, community engagement activities and referrals to relevant services. The service aims to support families with children (0-8) to develop positive nurturing relationships with their children; locate and access additional social support services when needed; and support their children to participate in pre-formal and formal schooling. The role requires energy, ideas, patience and a genuine commitment to principles of community development practice.
We are looking for a person with the following attributes/requirements;
- A sense of humour that combines well in a professional setting.
- A willingness to grow and develop as a person and as a community development worker.
- A firm commitment to reflective practice: personal & professional development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development across the (0-8) years
- Demonstrated family centred practice framework.
- Experience in facilitating group work with parents and carers. e.g Parents as Teachers, Circle of Security or other programs determined by community needs.
- A commitment to practices that uphold the value of mutual and respectful relationships with colleagues and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated social justice values and a willingness to listen to the diversity of experience of the children, families and workers of the community, including those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, those who come from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and those who have a diversity of gender and or sexual identities.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain and build upon linkages with key stakeholders.
- Understanding in the principles of community development and positive views as to what comradeship with people in your team means, would be highly desirable.
- A demonstrated ability to work both within a team and autonomously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in settings outside of your direct team regularly will be essential to generating the outcomes needed for this service.
- Working with Children Check Paid Employee Blue Card (authorisation by Queensland Government Blue Card Services to work with under 18-year olds).
- Bachelor degree (eg. Human Services, Behavioual Science, Social Work, Psychology or equivalent)
- At least 2 years’ experience in case management with children and families
- Current driver’s licence.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the following:
- Employment application form or copy link into your browser https://form.jotform.co/91628572459873
- Upload to the application form
o a cover letter addressing why you are interested in the role and how you meet the required attributes and requirements
o a resume with at least three work related referees with up to date contact details including email addresses
**Only successful applicants will be contacted if they are invited to attend an interview**
Applications Close: Friday 5 July 2019 6pm
For further information please contact Emma Chambers:or 3269 0044