Employer: Jabiru Community Youth & Children's Services
Closing Date: 14 May 2021
We are looking for a skilled tertiary qualified practitioner with team leadership and management experience to join our Health & Wellbeing Team, in the role of
Senior Coordinator for our Children & Families Team. This is a full-time (38 hrs) role starting as soon as possible until 30 June 2023.
Purpose of the Role:
· Effective leadership, supervision and day to day coordination of a team of 4 community workers, in the service delivery of Integrated Early Years program, Pathways to early Learning and Development and Targeted Family support programs.
· Direct work across the Children and Families team program
· Contract liaison with funding bodies and reporting requirements to funding bodies, supported by our General Manager Partnerships and Community Engagement
· Networking with stakeholders and community partners
· Integrated Early Years Service (IEYS) program brings together different disciplines and services into a comprehensive service delivery system for parents/carers and their children aged birth to eight years.
IEYS program provides access to integrated services and supports that promote parents/carers wellbeing, parenting capacity and child/children’s development.
· Pathways to Early Learning Development (PELD) program provides a range of family-centred services that support parents/carers to achieve better developmental outcomes for their child/children aged from birth to five years. PELD aims to promote and protect the health, wellbeing and rights of all children and their families in their homes and communities, with a focus on those who may be vulnerable and/or at risk.
· Targeted Family Support (TFS) program assists families and their children from birth to 18 years to care for and protect their children. TFS delivery consists of parenting programs that meet the needs of the community and community events developed to reach vulnerable families.
Skills and Attributes you will need:
- A clearly articulated community and human services practice framework with demonstrated practical skills for individual, interpersonal, group, family and community work
- Extensive knowledge and experience in delivering parenting programs (e.g. Circle of Security, Parents as Teachers, Nurtured Heart or other early years parenting programs)
- Demonstrated knowledge in childhood development theories and their application applied in practice
What we can offer you:
- A supportive, flexible and engaged workplace
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Access to salary packaging
- Opportunities for on-going learning, development and both internal & external supervision
· Tertiary qualified professional in Social
Work, Human Services, Behavioural Science, Counselling or related fields with a
minimum of 5 years of direct practice and at least 2 years of team
· Current Positive Notice Blue Card or the ability to obtain
· Current QLD driver’s
How to Apply:
Please submit via email to [email protected] with the email header of “Senior Coordinator –Children and Families Team”
· a cover letter – outlining why you are interested in the role and
how meet the skills and attributes and mandatory requirements
· a resume – with (3) three work related referees
We encourage and welcome people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and capabilities to apply for this position
Applications Close: Friday 14th May 5pm Jabiru Community Youth and Children’s Services reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date of this campaign.
*Due to the large number of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted via phone or email for an interview.
For more information – please contact Marian Cartwright on 0438 542 526 or email [email protected]