Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 10 May 2021
Why join us
Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 36 years.
- Be part of a innovative partnership with the Youth Justice and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Service (ATSICHS) with a proven track record of achieving great outcomes for young people.
- Benefit from ongoing professional development, a supportive work environment and a monthly accrued day off.
- Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and reliable leader for our Community Youth Justice program, a program that supports young people who are at risk of offending. This program is codesigned and delivered in partnership with ATSICHS and funded by the Youth Justice. In this job, you’ll lead this small team while doing direct service delivery with high risk young people. You will:
- think outside the box and deliver effective intervention through case management and outreach with young people.
- achieve great client outcomes by partnering with other organisations.
- understand the factors that contribute to young people becoming involved in the Youth Justice Service System.
- lead and influence a positive workplace culture in line with YFS values.
- experience in responding to young people with substance use is highly desirable.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related role description available from https://www.yfs.org.au/work-for-us/, ideally you will bring the following: flexibility in your approach to service delivery; mature and professional approaches to relationships; and responsiveness to each young person’s needs.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at https://www.yfs.org.au/application-process/
Send your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Monday 10th of May at 9:00am
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 13th of May.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to https://www.yfs.org.au/work-for-us/.