Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 12 October 2020
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 36 years.
- Be part of a an exciting program with a dynamic and effective intervention model and a proven track record of achieving great outcomes for young people.
- Benefit from flexible work arrangements, a collaborative work environment, and generous conditions.
- Take on an exciting part-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek, Logan
Role type: Part-time 24 hours per week
Pay range: $72,592 to $74,460 a year (pro rata) based on experience, with
salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a highly skilled, dynamic, diligent, motivated, and experienced Youth Case Manager for our Community Youth Response and Diversion Program. In this job, you’ll deliver a multi-faceted and coordinated service of youth outreach, intensive case management and diversion activities for young people aged 10 to 15 years old at high risk of reoffending. You will:
- be available to work one night a week (Thursday) after hours (2pm to 10pm) conducting outreach to youth in Logan City; to respond, engage, and assess the risks and needs of young people
engaging in anti-social behaviour and coming to police attention.
- engage with family and significant others in providing transport and access to a safe place to stay through the night if required.
- provide intensive support to young people and their families to improve behaviour and reduce offending.
- participate in multi-agency case management panels with community-based agencies linked to the young person and/or their family.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related role description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Monday 12 October 2020 at 9am
Interviews are scheduled for Friday 16 October 2020
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.