Employer: Centacare North Queensland
Region: North West Queensland
Closing Date: 31 August 2019
- Full Time Fixed Term to June 2020
- Family Relationship Services Counselling & Gambling Help
Centacare provides counselling, family support, mediation, family dispute resolution, disability services, education and courses, crisis housing and homelessness support, youth services, community engagement and aged care services. Centacare services the North Queensland community from offices in Townsville, Ayr, Bowen, Mt Isa, Cloncurry, Longreach and Normanton.
Benefits you will enjoy
- Salary Sacrifice
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave and 1 day Birthday Leave
- Remote Allowance $5K pa
- Professional Development
- Relocation Allowance
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Counsellor to work over our two programs, Family Relationship Services and Gambling Help Program based in our Mt Isa office.
- Within the Gambling Help program, you will provide counselling, support, education and referral services to individuals impacted by problem gambling. This includes the affected individual, their family and friends, and the wider community.
- This position also requires regular outreach to communities in surrounding areas.
- Within the Family Relationship Services program, you will deliver professional counselling services to individuals, couples, children and families that focus on family and relationship issues.
- In this role you will provide counselling to families, children and individuals using approaches that are flexible and appropriate for building and maintaining strong family relationships.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology or Behavioural Sciences
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Drivers licence
- Yellow and Blue Card
If this opportunity is something you are interested in, then we want to hear from you. Please apply online or email [email protected]