Employer: Deception Bay Neighbourhood Centre
Closing Date: 8 October 2019
The Director will lead the operations, people and culture of Deception Bay Neighbourhood Centre, ensuring the centre’s vision and mission are embedded in the organisation’s operations. Reporting to the Management Committee, the Director will develop and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships across the community, to ensure the organisations sustainability and to deliver targeted services. The role will also foster and sustain an organisational culture based on the centre’s values, and respond with a communicative, flexible, strengths-based approach, striving to create a workplace environment that strives for continuous improvement.
Reports to: Management Committee
Work Type: Fixed-term, full-time
Hours: 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Classification: Social Community Home Care and Disability Award, Level 7
Sector: Not for Profit
Location: 24 Endeavour Street, Deception Bay (Brisbane North)
Deception Bay Neighbourhood Centre (DBNC) is an incorporated community organisation, whose core business is to provide a range of programs, services, activities and facilities to residents in the Deception Bay area. DBNC’s mission is to be a catalyst in the community for empowering local people to achieve their goals and to advocate for change on issues that impact our community. We do this by supporting and providing local services, activities and initiatives, and working collaboratively to provide opportunities within the community. DBNC has two key documents that guide us in delivering our services; the Community Development Framework and Strategic Plan.
The Director will lead and manage our community based organisation to achieve its mission:
- To be a catalyst in the community for empowering local people to achieve their goals.
- To provide services and partner with opportunities in the lives of the most disadvantaged people in our community.
- To advocate and partner with others for change.
- Deliver services in accordance with DBNCs fundamental values, as described in the Strategic Plan.
- Deliver services in accordance with DBNCs Community Development Framework.
- DBNC operates under social justice principles and within a community development framework to build capacity and capability in the community.
- DBNC acknowledges the indigenous people of this land and acknowledges that both past and present injustices contribute to their significant disadvantage and aims to work in partnership to redress these injustices.
- DNBC is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to workplace health and safety regulations.
- DBNC is an incorporated, not-for-profit community owned and operated organisation for individuals and families of the Deception Bay community.
- The centre responds to individual and community need within a safe welcoming service environment through multiple services, a range of activities, support, advocacy and information.
- The job position is based at DBNC. The centre offers a committed group of employees and volunteers working in an environment of air-conditioned offices. Centre vehicles are available during business hours for transport. DBNC is highly committee to flexible workplace practices.
To find out more and see the selection criteria, please read the full position description attached below.
Applications close 5pm, 8 October 2019.