Employer: Mt Gravatt Community Centre Inc
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
• The role of the Domestic Assistant is to provide individualised support for adults of all ages with complex needs (including mental health, physical and/or cognitive issues) by physically assisting people living in their own home in the community with household domestic tasks (basic cleaning).
• To be available on a casual basis to work as required by the service, with a minimum of 1 hour’s work at any one time.
• The Domestic Assistant works independently in client’s homes based on individual care plans and agreements. The Domestic Assistant is required to work within program objectives and clear work guidelines.
TASKS (May include some or all of the following, dependent upon client needs)
• Provide support with meal preparation, ensuring that food hygiene standards are met
• Clean bathroom, toilet, kitchen and laundry facilities
• Change and launder personal clothing, bed linen and towels
• General household cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting)
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Ability to use initiative in responding to the needs of the clients and their families, as outlined in their support plan, while keeping professional boundaries in place
• Knowledge of, and empathy with, the needs of people with mental heath issues, disabilities, elderly people and their carers
• The ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality and perform tasks in a non-judgemental manner
• The ability to undertake all physical requirements involved with domestic assistance including light lifting, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, trunk twisting, kneeling, standing, and sitting for duration.
• Previous experience providing domestic assistance services to clients living in the community
• Current First Aid & CPR Certificates or willingness to obtain
• Current Police Check or willingness to obtain
• Current Driver’s Licence and access to a fully insured, roadworthy vehicle for work purposes.
· Certificate III in Individual Support