Employer: Maybanke Association Inc
Closing Date: 15 January 2020
Domestic & Family Violence Support Worker
A detailed Job Description is attached.
Maybanke Assn Inc. is a Supported Accommodation Service for Women & Children escaping domestic & family violence. We have a position available for a twelve month contract as;
Domestic and Family Violence Support Worker and this position will:
· Provide practical support to women and accompanying children accessing the service.
· Operate within a feminist/social justice framework concerning domestic violence
· Develop client focused goals for each woman and individual children
· Understand a strengths based approach to practice
· Ensure all verbal and written communication is congruent with a strengths-based approach
· Respond immediately and appropriately to any situation where a client or anyone’s safety is threatened.
· Basic information and education on women’s rights and options, and Domestic Violence and its impact.
The Domestic &Family Violence Support Worker is required to work as a member of a team, supporting and empowering women and their children who are in crisis as a result of domestic violence.
Maybanke has a designated Child Support worker, however, all workers are expected to engage with children and be responsive to their needs.
The successful applicant will possess:
· Tertiary qualifications in Human Services and/or experience working in the Domestic Violence sector.
· Ability to work flexible hours when required.
· Current (or eligible for) Qld Working with Children Check – Blue Card
· Current driver’s License
Please email Expression of Interest and resume to the by COB 15th January 2020