Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
- Be part of an energetic, passionate and supportive team working across our Domestic and Family Violence Programs.
- Benefit from a supportive work environment, ongoing professional development and a monthly accrued day off.
- Take on an exciting part-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Jimboomba – working from our Slacks Creek office when required
Role type: Permanent part-time 32 hours a week Pay range: $82,169 to $84,306 a year (pro rata) based on experience, with salary sacrificing available.
We are looking for a highly skilled worker who is passionate about women and children’s safety. The Domestic Violence Specialist is a critical role central to YFS’ men’s behaviour change program; Responsible Men. This role provides opportunities for women who have experienced violence and abuse to receive support during a man’s time with Responsible Men and enables the ongoing assessment of women and children’s safety.
In this job, you’ll work with people experiencing domestic and family violence to improve their safety. You’ll provide advocacy, crisis response and case work, initial and ongoing assessment of risk and safety, and information, advice and referral to internal and external services across Beaudesert and Jimboomba, including one day per week of court-based services at Beaudesert Court. You will:
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting women and children including identifying and responding to risk, safety planning and risk
- Understand and show evidence in practice of the gendered base of violence
- Be confident, competent and able to work fast while prioritising the safety of our clients.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected]
Closing date: Monday 27th January 2020
Interviews are scheduled for February.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.