Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: North West Queensland
Closing Date: 6 April 2023
- Employment Term: Permanent full-time
- Location: Mt Isa – with outreach to regional areas
- Remuneration: $57k – $59k + 10.5% Super + NFP salary packaging
We are seeking a dynamic Lead Early Years Educator to join our Remote Area Families Service (RAFS) team in Mt Isa on a permanent full-time basis.
RAFS is a mobile educational service which requires work and travel in a number of locations across remote Queensland. We implement and deliver mobile early childhood expertise and support families who are limited to accessing childcare or educational services in rural and remote communities.
In this role you will work as part of our RAFS mobile children services in a number of locations across remote Queensland. You will support children engaged in our service by providing them activities that build on their early education and development.
What makes a difference for us?
This is not your typical day-to-day-early childhood job! This position will see you travelling to communities, sharing your expertise and building relationships with families. You will implement a healthy work/life/balance, work collaboratively with fellow RAFS team members, and build collaborative partnerships with UCC programs. As these programs are predominately delivered in remote locations, resulting in over 60% of the active role in travel and overnighting with families, all travel costs are fully covered by UnitingCare. In addition to the above you will also be required to have:
- Minimum working towards or already hold Diploma in Children’s Services or similar
- Current Qld Manual Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Current HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Applicants must be willing and able to travel
What makes a difference for you?
At UnitingCare we are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families to work toward their future life goals. Right across Queensland, we support thousands of people living with a disability to imagine and build personally meaningful lives.
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Access to salary packaging, meal and entertainment benefits – up to $15,900 per year tax free as well as up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for meal and entertainment benefits
- A recognition and rewards platform, providing employee discounts at hundreds of retailers, including everyday expenses, holidays, health insurance, a wellbeing program and employee assistance program
- A positive and inclusive team based on respect, shared standards, strong values and a commitment to serving others
- Career development opportunities to challenge yourself, grow and make a meaningful difference
We’d love you to be part of our UnitingCare family
Joining our Family Intervention Service team, you’ll also be welcomed as part of the UnitingCare family. The second-largest Queensland employer, we’re a proud not-for-profit with more than 16,500 staff and 9,000 volunteers across our brands of BlueCare, Lifeline, ARRCS, The Wesley Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital, St Stephen’s Hospital, and St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, and have been leading by example for more than 100 years. Our team are compassionate, inclusive and committed to the work we do, helping people live life in all its fullness.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. Demonstrating our commitment to reconciliation and building long-term employment opportunities for First Nations peoples, UnitingCare strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for this position.
All employees are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements and UnitingCare’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements policy. The successful applicant must be able to provide a Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.