Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: Queensland wide
Closing Date: 6 April 2023
- Employment Term: Full-time role
- Location: Brisbane, Charleville, Roma,
- Remuneration: From $57K + 10.5% Super + Not for Profit Salary Packaging + Penalties & Allowances
We are currently seeking to appoint an Early Years Educator to join our Remote Family Care Service team on a full-time position to provide high quality, short term in-home Early Childhood Education programs to families who live beyond the reach of mainstream Early Childhood services. This unique service is innovative and flexible in its approach to Early Childhood and responds to the needs of rural and remote families. As a RFCS Educator you will have the unique opportunity to travel to various remote properties across Queensland supporting families for up to three weeks delivering safe, high quality, early childhood programs. You will ‘live-in’ with the families you support and will spend up to 80% of the year undertaking placements of varying duration (weekend work included) throughout many locations across Queensland.
What makes a difference for us?
- You will be an enthusiastic individual who is very adaptive to changing environments and have a strong ability to build rapport with people quickly
- Diploma Early Childhood Education (or actively working towards) or hold a minimum Certificate III Early Childhood
- You will possess First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates.
- In addition, you will be very flexible in your ability to travel and be willing to take placements in required locations throughout Queensland.
What makes a difference for you?
At UnitingCare we are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families to work toward their future life goals. Right across Queensland, we support thousands of people living with a disability to imagine and build personally meaningful lives.
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Access to salary packaging, meal and entertainment benefits – up to $15,900 per year tax free as well as up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for meal and entertainment benefits
- A recognition and rewards platform, providing employee discounts at hundreds of retailers, including everyday expenses, holidays, health insurance, a wellbeing program and employee assistance program
- A positive and inclusive team based on respect, shared standards, strong values and a commitment to serving others
- Career development opportunities to challenge yourself, grow and make a meaningful difference
We’d love you to be part of our UnitingCare family
Joining our Family Intervention Service team, you’ll also be welcomed as part of the UnitingCare family. The second-largest Queensland employer, we’re a proud not-for-profit with more than 16,500 staff and 9,000 volunteers across our brands of BlueCare, Lifeline, ARRCS, The Wesley Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital, St Stephen’s Hospital, and St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, and have been leading by example for more than 100 years. Our team are compassionate, inclusive and committed to the work we do, helping people live life in all its fullness.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. Demonstrating our commitment to reconciliation and building long-term employment opportunities for First Nations peoples, UnitingCare strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for this position.
All employees are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements and UnitingCare’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements policy. The successful applicant must be able to provide a Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.