Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: Darling Downs
Closing Date: 2 September 2019
UnitingCare Community’s Employment Service is a Disability Employment Service funded by the Federal Government to assist job seekers with disability to gain and maintain suitable employment within the open labour market.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our Toowoomba based team to assist in the provision of services to job seekers and local businesses. This role is responsible for engaging with local employers regarding their recruitment needs and referring suitably skilled and experienced job seekers to available vacancies, with the aim of achieving sustainable employment outcomes.
The successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities through training, supervision and team support, while being a part of a highly reputable organisation.
This position offers a high level of job satisfaction, as you are given the opportunity to make a positive difference in the community. You will be joining a progressive team within an employer that strives to provide optimum working conditions.
This position is full time (76 hours per fortnight) with a fixed term contract starting on the 02/09/2019 and ending on the 28/02/2020 with view to permanency beyond this date.
. What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Applicants will require exceptional sales and marketing skills
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge, or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge in the following areas: Disability Employment Service guidelines; National Standards for Disability Services; Local Labour Market trends and conditions.
- Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card)
- Current QLD Driver’s Licence
- Desirable but not essential – Certificate IV qualification within relevant Employment, Marketing, Disability or Community Services field.
Base salary + super + salary packaging
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive remuneration package, dependent upon experience, paid accordance with the UCC Enterprise Agreement. The UnitingCare salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
Culture and Benefits
Our shared values drive the way we work- Compassion, Respect, Justice, Working Together and Leading through Learning. Aligned to our values, our commitment to you is:
- Training for your role now and development opportunities for your career
- Diverse work arrangements and opportunities
- Support to undertake tertiary study
- Corporate private health discounts
- Competitive personal and income insurance
- RDO every 4 weeks
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.