Employer: The Brisbane Rape & Incest Survivors Support Centre
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
The Brisbane Rape and Incest Survivor’s Support Centre (BRISSC) is a specialist community-based organisation that provides free and confidential support services to women who have experienced sexual assault at any time in their lives.
BRISSC is committed to working within communities to raise awareness of, and ultimately prevent, sexual violence in all its forms.
The main duties of this dynamic role are:
- Provide telephone support, information and referral and individual support and counselling to women aged 15 and over who have experienced sexual violence.
- Develop, co-facilitate and evaluate support group and workshop programs.
- Deliver Community education, awareness raising and sexual violence prevention activities.
- Provide professional development and training on best-practice responses to women who have experienced sexual violence.
- Undertake governance and management roles and responsibilities through active participation in the BRISSC Collective and Women’s Community Aid Association to ensure high quality service delivery.
BRISSC is a women’s only service and it is a genuine occupational requirement that workers be women (as permitted under Sections 25 and 104 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991).
This position is paid at 60 hr per fortnight at level 5.2 of Division 2B SCHCADS Award (Fisher Pay Rates) plus superannuation and Salary sacrifice.