Employer: Northern Territory PHN (NTPHN)
Region: Northern Territory
Closing Date: 24 September 2020
- Improve outcomes for primary health in the Northern Territory
- Key strategic and operational leadership position within a new executive team
- Suit health service / population health planning and management backgrounds
Northern Territory PHN (NTPHN) is a not-for-profit organisation fully funded by the Australian Government to work closely with the primary health sector to develop better coordination, support the health workforce and introduce new health programs and services.
NT PHN has a key focus on improving the patient journey and coordination of care between the hospital and primary health care systems and between the broad range of practitioners within the primary health care domain.
Benefits & Culture
- Strong and supportive executive team
- Position can be based in Darwin or Alice Springs
- Professional development encouraged
- 6 weeks annual leave and additional paid leave over Christmas/New Year
This is an exciting time to join NTPHN as they continue a period of transformation. Working closely with the CEO and as part of a new leadership structure, you will provide strategic leadership across health planning, commissioning project management and partnerships development to support the delivery and measurement of health outcomes for the NT community. You will build a high performing team to deliver exceptional client focused results and you’ll drive the development and effective implementation of:
- health planning systems and associated performance tracking and reporting
- health needs assessments and new initiatives responsive to the needs of the region
- commissioning strategies including monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- proactive engagement strategies with stakeholders, community and Council leaders
- high level risk control and compliance
With a solid background in health care and/or health management, ideally within a primary health setting, strategy planning and development is a key element of your skill set coupled with sophisticated external and internal stakeholder relationship management. You have a management style that ensures a team based culture of performance, collaboration and respect and you have experience leading during transformational change. Additionally you can demonstrate a successful track record in:
- leadership of high performing teams
- adaptive and innovative continuous improvement delivery
- management of significant budgets, business and project management plans
- working in an environment requiring cultural sensitivity
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required section above. Alternatively, please call Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066 for a confidential discussion.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.