Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: Central Queensland
Closing Date: 21 July 2019
Are you passionate about supporting individuals and families to live their lives in all its fullness? Join Uniting Care and be part of this exciting opportunity. Support families to reach their goal of reunification and long term sustainable change.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Family Counsellor to work as part of our UnitingCare Central Queensland Family Intervention Service team on a Part Time basis. This position is based out of Emerald.
As a Family Counsellor you will provide a holistic response to the needs of each individual in the family and to the family unit as a whole, to families whose children are at imminent risk of out of home placement or requiring reunification following a period of out of home care to address issues relating to, but not limited to, child protection concerns. By providing practical and emotional support and counselling, families are offered opportunities to make informed decisions about, and change for their future.
The successful candidate will ideally present with the following:
- A tertiary qualification (minimum Bachelor Degree) in a relevant human services field with relevant experience in previous roles; and where relevant, registration with a nationally recognised professional body is desirable.
- Current Qld Driver Licence – Presentation of a current Drivers Licence must be made before your appointment to the position can be confirmed.
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- The successful applicant must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility may be requested.
- Previous experience working with or identification as a person of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent highly regarded and are encouraged to apply
UnitingCare offers you a supportive team environment, flexible work arrangements and career development opportunities. We are a courageous and creative health and community services provider and one of the largest charities in Australia, committed to improving the health and wellbeing of individuals, families and communities. Work with us to deliver skilled, evidence-based interventions for those facing adversity and support us to be leaders in crisis response, the protection of vulnerable children, financial resilience and family wellbeing.
So what are you waiting for! Take the next step in your career with UnitingCare and apply now by submitting your cover letter, addressing the key selection criteria, and resume.
For more information, please contact the details below.
Melissa Cranwell: [email protected] Phone: 07-4930 7320
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.