Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 6 June 2019
Family Support Counsellor
Why join us
· Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
· Be part of a long running multi-disciplinary Family Support team with a proven track record.
· Benefit from ongoing professional development, a supportive work environment and a monthly accrued day off.
· Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek.
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Pay range: $79,776 to $81,851 a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced Counsellor for our Step by Step Team. Step by Step delivers case management to build the capacity of families to nurture and protect their children and keep them safe. In this job, you’ll offer generalist counselling to families.. You will:
· provide counselling for families dealing with issues including parenting, family relationships and concerns such as anxiety, depression, trauma, grief and loss
· work collaboratively with families and YFS case managers to achieve great outcomes for families.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, a collaborative spirit, optimism, cultural awareness and a strong drive to learn and try different approaches.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Thursday 6 June 2019 at 9am
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 13 June 2019.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.