Employer: Centacare North Queensland
Region: North Queensland
Closing Date: 7 July 2020
· Full Time Permanent
· Mount Isa base but some travel required to Cloncurry
Centacare provides counselling, family support, mediation, family dispute resolution, disability services, education and courses, crisis housing and homelessness support, youth services, community engagement and aged care services. Centacare services the North Queensland community from offices in Townsville, Ayr, Bowen, Mt Isa, Cloncurry, Longreach and Normanton.
Benefits you will enjoy
· Salary Sacrifice
· 5 Annual Leave and 1 day Birthday Leave
· Remote Allowance $5K pa
· Professional Development and Study Leave
· Relocation Allowance
About the Role
We are seeking a Family Support Worker to work across our Regional Area Integrated Family Support Service and Bridge Programs based in Mount Isa with some travel to other remote areas such as Cloncurry. RAIFSS is a specialised counselling and support program with a key focus on early intervention. Bridge is an early intervention program that aims to enhance family dynamics and promote healthy relationships.
In this role you will:
· Provide practical, in-home family support services to children, young people and their families who are vulnerable and are at risk of entering or re-entering the child protection system.
· Actively contribute to the planning and provision of community education and support
· Complete assessment of family’s needs through engagement and consultation with the family
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in the Human Sciences field
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Current drivers’ licence
- Yellow and Blue Card or ability to obtain
If this opportunity is something you are interested in, then we want to hear from you.
Please apply online now and for any queries please email [email protected]
Closing Date: 4 July 2020