Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) has a long history of supporting people to have positive and meaningful connections. We have a team of over 400 counsellors and support staff who are proud to work with purpose in an organisation that makes a difference.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for multiple permanent part time (33.75 hours per week) role of Family Support Worker in the Family Support Service (FSS) located at our Townsville venue.
FSS is funded by the Department of Child Safety, Seniors and Disability Services. The aim of FSS is to reduce harm or risk of harm, prevent crises or problems from arising or escalating and stabilise or maintain the family’s wellbeing. FSS workers work collaboratively with families to provide needs assessment, case management, practical in-home support, individual and family counselling, and specialist services as required. Assistance to the family is provided through case management within an integrated service system
The Key responsibilities of this role include:
FSS program specific
- Apply theoretical knowledge of adult and child learning styles, child development, and community capacity building to develop, document and deliver group work and education programs aimed at promoting the safety and wellbeing of children/young people and developing or enhancing parenting skills.
- Provide brief intervention counselling to parents, care providers, children, and families, using appropriate interventions.
- Application of knowledge relating to child protection issues, including the impact of neglect, physical and emotional harm on children/young people, to provide effective prevention and early intervention strategies.
- Network and develop collaborative relationships with relevant government organisations and community agencies to build community capacity, to successfully link children, young people, and adults to other support services.
- Conduct client assessment and intake of client needs to make client appointments, provide relevant information, and make appropriate referrals, and link to treatment plan.
- Achieve the organisation’s targets for caseload and completed client sessions as designated for the program.
- Maintain confidentiality and duty of care, including identification and assessment of domestic and family violence, child safety, threat of harm to self or others, and other risk factors; and take appropriate steps as required by organisational policy and procedure.
- Understand and meet legislative and funding requirements including collecting and recording statistical data in a timely and accurate manner
The successful applicant will possess at least below:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in the delivery of services to families who are considered to be vulnerable and at risk, as well as
- Theoretical knowledge of family systems and strengths-based approaches.
- Experience working in relating to child protection issues, including the impact of neglect, physical and emotional harm on children/young people, to provide effective prevention and early intervention strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage caseloads and proven effective time management skills
- Specific training or experiencing in child counselling and group program delivery (FSS specific)
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and
- The capacity to engage constructively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
What We Can Offer You
The salary being offered is circa $80,963.63 to $87,125.54 per annum (pro rata for part-time), to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation. We also offer our employees
- Work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave
- A supportive team environment and opportunity for professional development
- Salary packaging options available of up to $15,900, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
- Paid parental leave and additional benefits such as medical insurance discounts
How to Apply
To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter responding to your experience in the areas outlined in this advertisement.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so don’t wait Apply today via this link : https://careers.raq.org.au/job-details/query/family-support-worker-townsville/in/australia/9164391/