Employer: Brisbane Youth Service
Closing Date: 6 July 2020
Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families.
Brisbane Youth Service is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 – 25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year.
- Finance Officer
- Part-time position
- 45.6 hours per fortnight
Are you a dynamic individual with a high attention to detail and commitment to supporting homeless and at-risk youth?
The Finance Officer is responsible for undertaking a range of financial tasks to support the Finance Manager and Corporate Services Director in the financial management of the organisation.
To undertake this role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Accountancy, Financial Management or have relevant qualification within the Financial Services field. Have A current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision, objectives, and practice framework.
- Sound knowledge of Australian and International Accounting Standards and Auditing Standards, tax and company legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and experience in financial administration including payroll, accounts receivable and payable, petty cash etc.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records and produce and analyse financial data and provide reports to management.
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including non-financial managers.
- Sound organisational skills including practical examples that you used, with the ability to plan, prioritise, problem solve and meet deadlines.
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded from our website: http://brisyouth.org/get-involved/career-volunteer-opportunities/
Email complete applications to [email protected]
Applications for this position close 6pm Monday 6 July 2020