Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 20 May 2020
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 36 years.
- Be part of a Financial and Connect Hub that supports people experiencing financial stress to overcome crisis and build their ability to be financially independent.
- Benefit from working in a diverse and progressive organisation
- Earn above industry pay rates.
- Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Office base is Slacks Creek with rostered outreach at key agencies in Logan and Beaudesert.
Role type: Permanent, full time with a rostered day off every 4 weeks
Pay range: $82,169 to $84,306 (plus superannuation) based on experience, with salary sacrificing available. YFS will ether reimburse for travel expenses or provide an organisational vehicle.
We are looking for a motivated, responsive and professional financial counsellor for our busy Financial Hub. In this job, you’ll help people experiencing financial stress with solutions and tools that
build their ability to cope and address their economic circumstances, within the context of their broader situation.
- Provide free assistance to people who are experiencing financial crisis or chronic financial difficulties
- Advocate and negotiate with third parties on behalf of clients for relief from financial stress
- Empower clients to manage their own financial situations and to deal with creditors through the provision of information on their rights and responsibilities
- Develop and deliver community education activities to build financial literacy and understanding of financial traps such as payday lenders, Afterpay and hire purchase arrangements
- Be a key “problem noticer”, linking vulnerable people to other services such as legal, mental health, domestic and family violence, housing and employment
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Wednesday 20th of May 2020 at 5pm
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 25th of May 2020.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.