Employer: YFS Ltd.
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare Therapist
Why join us
· Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
· Be part of an experienced team of passionate psychologists, counsellors and social workers who are implementing Queensland’s first Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare program. FFT-CW is an evidence-informed therapy program that achieves lasting behaviour change for vulnerable families in the Browns Plains and Beaudesert region.
· Benefit from intensive training in the FFT-CW model, regular ongoing clinical support and a flexible work environment.
· Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Jimboomba
Role type: Permanent
Pay range: $82,169 to $84,306 a year based on experience, with salary packaging exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax available
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced therapist who is interested in developing new evidence-based skills within our Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare team. In this job, you’ll work with families in their homes at times that suit them, helping them understand their strengths and teaching them new ways to solve problems that are bringing them to the notice of Child Safety Services. You will:
· work flexible hours, including at least two evenings a week
· be based at our Jimboomba office
· provide weekly structured therapy sessions in line with the FFT-CW phased model.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process.
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
People from First Nations backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So, we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.