Employer: United Synergies Ltd.
Region: Sunshine Coast
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
PART TIME, FLEXIBLE HOURS
United Synergies provides services and support to individuals, families and communities (and in particular young people), to assist them in achieving their full potential. Our programs and services are available to people on the Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba and surrounding areas, as well as other communities around Australia.
These services can include: accommodation for young people; youth support programs in local schools; mentoring; pre-employment and training services; supported work experience; alternative education; educational support programs; suicide prevention and bereavement support; younger parents support programs; counselling and referral; volunteer management and; consultancy services. United Synergies is also the lead agency for headspace Maroochydore and headspace Toowoomba providing mental health and other support services for young people.
The work that United Synergies carries out reflects our vision of ‘sense of self, sense of place, sense of purpose, sense of belonging.
The General Manager – Clinical Governance is accountable for the successful delivery of services as well as clinical and non-clinical governance across the organization.
This position will provide strategic clinical expertise to the organisation and will contribute significantly to the achievement of strategic objectives in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Management Team.
The position will also play a pivotal role in contributing to service planning and assisting in the development and implementation of clinical networks, manage expectations with headspace National and the PHN in each region.
More details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree level in allied health, medical science, psychology, clinical administration behavioural/social sciences, mental health nursing or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated extensive clinical experience in the field of youth mental health.
- Ability to set clear expectations and create a culture of performance, accountability and cohesive team functioning.
- Extensive experience in clinical supervision and program management.
- Experience contributing to the strategic development of sustainable clinical and support services to meet the needs of youth affected by complex mental illness.
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing organisational or system level clinical governance.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyse clinical needs and to recommend and evaluate innovative business plans and organisational strategies in response to those needs.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of change management principles and achievements of measurable outcomes.
- Solid understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and commitment to health and safety, risk management, improvement systems, quality, human resources and professional development.
- Strong aptitude in resolving employee, client or stakeholder concerns or conflicts.
- Demonstrated In-depth knowledge of guidelines and policies of relevant mental health Boards and Associations
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the effective use of computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Hold a current ‘C’ class drivers’ licence.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Blue Card issued by the Public Safety Business Agency.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for an Application for Suitability Check by the Queensland Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
HOW TO APPLY
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the selection criteria. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Please apply via our company website at https://united-synergies.applynow.net.au/jobs/UNS309.
Please note: Applications that have not addressed the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Please note before continuing: It is advisable that you prepare your responses in a separate word or text document, saving your work as you go and that you then copy and paste this prepared information in the form before completing the application process. Please keep your responses to a maximum 300 words for each question.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 31st May 2019 at 3.30pm
All questions should be directed to Jenny Walker on 0414 678 259.