Employer: Mount Gravatt Community Centre
Closing Date: 3 July 2020
Do you relish a new challenge? Are you passionate about social inclusion and want to make a difference to your local community and help increase people focused support? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Mount Gravatt Community Centre Inc. is accepting applications for the position of a Health Care Link Worker.
Location: Mount Gravatt
Status: Full time – Fixed term contract to June 2021
Award/Level: Level 4 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award 2010 and relevant transitional arrangements (TPEO “State Rates”)
To be considered for this position a minimum of two years’ experience working with vulnerable people, and qualifications in community health care, human services, counselling or other relevant professional fields
The Social Prescription Link Worker will focus on integrating people into their local communities to help improve their health and well-being, through social inclusion. The role will also work closely alongside GPs, Primary Care Teams, Practice Managers and referring organisations in improving community cohesion and developing processes that embed person centred and social prescription practice.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Mt Gravatt Ways to Wellness – Holistic Health Project is an exciting and collaborative project funded by the Department of Social Services and partners with the University of Queensland.
Social Prescribing is a new approach in which people who are socially isolated (e.g. as a consequence of a health condition, life transition or mental health) are referred to a link worker to help them to engage with meaningful group programs in the community that can increase their sense of belonging and wellbeing.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Demonstrated knowledge and relevant experience in the following:
- Understanding of Social Prescription principles and a community development framework;
- Demonstrated experience in developing networks and working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders including government departments, church and faith groups, other agencies and medical practitioners;
- Ability to bring people together from diverse groups around a common vision;
- Ability to engage people who are socially isolated and vulnerable into local community activities;
2. Demonstrated ability to write reports to professional standards, collate relevant data and integrate into reports, and use a variety of computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite of programs, WordPress experience or willingness to learn;
3. Demonstrated experience and commitment contributing to and working within a multidisciplinary team environment;
4. Able to prioritise and balance different priorities from a range of internal/external stakeholders.
LICENCE / CERTIFICATION REQUIRED – Drivers Licence, Undertake a Police Check
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED –
- A commitment to equal opportunity and an understanding of the impact of deprivation on individual’s, families’ and community’s health;
- Ability to work hours in a flexible way, including occasional evening and weekends to meet the needs of the service;
- Must be able to solve complex problems independently.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your application to the Ways to Wellness Coordinator, Elise Marr at [email protected]
Please be sure to include:
- A cover letter, which demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the selection criteria outlined above.
- Your resume, including 2 referees.
The closing date for applications is COB on Friday, 3rd July 2020.
Only those that are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. We are looking for someone to start immediately. Any specific questions please contact Ms Marr on 0491 625 869 or email [email protected]
Mount Gravatt Community Centre is an inclusive workplace and an equal opportunity employer.