Employer: Brisbane Youth Service
Closing Date: 14 July 2019
Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families. Brisbane Youth Service is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 – 25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year.
Health Service Manager
Full-time position until 30 June 2020
76 hours per fortnight
Are you a dynamic individual with a commitment to lead a multi-disciplinary mental team including sessional GP’s and psychology interns?
The Health Services Manager leads a multi-disciplinary health team responsible for providing case managed individual mental health support and group activities, alcohol and other drug intervention, counselling, clinical medical services, and dental treatment. The role oversees the delivery of centre based, street outreach and mobile support services.
To undertake the Health Services Manager’s role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, a Clinical Health discipline or similar. You will have a Working with Children Suitability Card (Blue Card) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card and hold a current Queensland driver’s license.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
1. Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision, objectives and practice framework.
2. Demonstrated high level skills in assessment, crisis and brief intervention, and case management support with vulnerable young people.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of health issues impacting vulnerable young people, including physical and mental health, and alcohol and other drug issues.
4. Highly developed critical thinking, problem solving and risk management skills and demonstrated application of these in a frontline service delivery setting.
5. Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and effectively manage a team of professional staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate programs and service responses with a focus on continuous improvement.
7. Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships and networks, and negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders.
8. Demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines and effectively manage contracts, reporting and budgets.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded from our website: http://brisyouth.org/get-involved/career-volunteer-opportunities/
Email complete applications to [email protected]
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 14 July 2019