Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 24 August 2020
Why join us
· Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
· Be part of a dynamic team that achieves long-term housing goals for people, particularly Logan’s youth, who are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless.
· Benefit from ongoing professional development, a supportive and collaborative work environment, and a monthly accrued day off.
· Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek
Role type: Full-time permanent
Pay range: $67,581 to $78,108 a year based on experience, with salary
packaging exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax available
Due to growth in our Housing Team we are recruiting an additional Housing Specialist. The applicant must be energetic, enthusiastic and motivated team player to join our Housing First team. Through case management, this team supports people young and old, aged from 16 years, to sustain long-term housing and to help create lasting change in their lives. Our support is mobile, delivered alongside our Crisis Accommodation Program (CAP).
In this job, you’ll deliver effective case management services that help people break the cycle of homelessness. The work is fast paced and requires excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise the needs of clients who oftentimes require immediate support. No two days are the same, but with the support of YFS anagement and an experienced team, you will quickly learn the skills needed to thrive in this position.
· need an in-depth knowledge of the social, community and private rental housing sectors and be able to support clients to navigate the housing system to achieve their long-term housing goals
· have a demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment (both organisational and external)
· be able to access a range of relevant community resources, particularly in the areas of drug and alcohol support and mental health, and work with real estate agents, Centrelink, the Department
of Housing and Public Works, and community housing providers
· be flexible and adaptable to clients’ changing needs
· work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced team
· have excellent written and oral communication skills, including highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to relate positively and confidently with a wide range of people, in a variety of settings
· have a demonstrated ability to work with First Nations peoples.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: 9am Monday, 24 August 2020
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 27 August 2020 at YFS Slacks Creek.
People from First Nations backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed when they are received, and a follow up interview will occur with applicants who meet the criteria.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.