Employer: Brisbane Youth Service
Closing Date: 6 April 2020
Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families.
Brisbane Youth Service is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 – 25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year.
- Human Resource Coordinator
- Part time position until 30 June 2023
- 45.6 hrs per fortnight
Are you a dynamic individual with outstanding Human Resource skills with a willingness to contribute to an organisation supporting young people and their families?
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of all HR and IR practices and capability across the organisation.
To undertake the Human Resource Coordinator role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or related discipline. Have a current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision, objectives and values.
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation and application of relevant legislation, standards and Awards, in particular the SCHADS Award 2010 and National Employment Standards.
- Strong understanding of contemporary HR practices and application of HR processes within the employment cycle from recruitment and selection, on-boarding, induction, training and support, and exiting employees.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written and an ability to influence, network, negotiate, counsel and mediate maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- The ability to work independently and source and interpret specialist HR and / or IR advice when required.Strong planning and organisational skills, and an ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to partner with business leaders to provide best practice HR support and advice around performance management, discipline and related issues.Demonstrable experience in HRIS and reporting, ideally in Employment Hero.
- Previous experience in conducting end to end investigations and providing recommendations to senior management.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded from our website: http://brisyouth.org/get-involved/career-volunteer-opportunities/
Email complete applications to Kate Hands – [email protected]
Applications for this position close 5:00pm Thursday 9 April 2020