Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 10 May 2021
Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
- Be part of a program with a strong practice framework .
- Benefit from working within a long-running, supportive team that has a track record of achieving great outcomes for vulnerable families.
- Superannuation and salary sacrifice options and a fortnightly RDO.
- Take on an exciting full-time opportunity.
About the job
- Role location: Based in Jimboomba with outreach to families across the Browns Plains and Beaudesert regions
- Role type: Permanent Full-time
- Pay range: $83,046 – $84,826 per year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and conscientious, Child Development Specialist for the Intensive Family Support (IFS) team, a program which aims to improve family functioning and relationships, and the care of children. IFS is a unique program that provides practical support to families within a child protection framework. In this job, you’ll work with vulnerable families in the Browns Plains/Beaudesert areas who have multiple and/or complex needs and are at risk of entering the child protection system . You will:
- Work with parents to identify and understand developmental needs in their children.
- Resource parents to respond to these needs, access relevant supports, enhance family functioning and promote healthy parenting so children can thrive.
- Have a strong demonstrated knowledge
- Embed child development, attachment, and trauma knowledge across the IFS team.
- Undertake flexible home visits, which includes outside of core business hours.
- Hold a minimum tertiary qualification to meet contractual requirements. First Nations people with a minimum of a Diploma in relevant fields are encouraged to apply.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
date: 10 May at 9am
Interviews are scheduled for 13 May 2021
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.