Employer: Brisbane Youth Service
Closing Date: 14 November 2019
Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families.
Brisbane Youth Service is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 –25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year.
- Intake and Brief Intervention Worker
- Full-time position until 30 June 2023
- 76 hours per fortnight
- Are you a dynamic individual with a commitment to evidence-informed practice and responsive service?
The Intake and Brief Intervention Worker will provide young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with brief, solution-focused
crisis interventions and thorough assessment and referrals, both within BYS and to other services.
To undertake the Intake and Brief Intervention Worker role you will require a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services, Social Science, Psychology or similar. Have A current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
- To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision, objectives
and practice framework.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake thorough assessments of a young person’s situation and support needs, including risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to work holistically with vulnerable young people, building trusting relationships and delivering solution focused crisis and brief interventions.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal skills and writing skills and the ability to advocate effectively on behalf of others.
- Strong organisational and planning skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritise and manage competing demands.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded from our website: http://brisyouth.org/get-involved/career-volunteer-opportunities/
Email complete applications to [email protected]
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 14 November 2019