Employer: Caxton Legal Centre Inc
Closing Date: 16 August 2019
Position: Lawyer – Family, Domestic Violence and Elder Law
Classification: Level 5 – Full-time
Remuneration: $81,907 plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: full-time fixed term contract till 30 June 2022
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking a full-time Lawyer to work in our Family, Domestic Violence and Elder Law Practice. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice and casework to clients in the programs delivered by the Practice including the Family Law Duty Lawyer Service, the Domestic Violence Duty Lawyer Service and the Seniors Legal and Support Service.
· Apply and strengthen existing knowledge of relevant areas of law to deliver legal advice and casework as directed by the Practice Manager
· Work collaboratively to provide a holistic, client-centered service to diverse clients within a human rights framework
· Deliver community education, engage in sector development and networking; contribute to law and policy reform
· Bachelor of Laws
· Demonstrated experience in the area of family law, domestic violence law and elder law (guardianship and administration, powers of attorney, equitable interests, consumer and debt laws.
· Admitted or eligible for admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
· 2 years post admission experience
· Current Unrestricted Practicing Certificate
· Current driver’s licence
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: FELT1003 to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 16 August 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.