Employer: Caxton Legal Centre
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Position: Lawyer, Human Rights and Civil Law
Classification: Level 5 – Full-time
Remuneration: $81,906 plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: Permanent Full-time
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law.
Caxton is seeking a full-time lawyer to work in our Human Rights and Civil Law Practice. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice and casework to clients across a range of areas of civil law with a focus on consumer credit. The successful applicant may also be required to engage in supervision of evening
advice sessions, undertake community legal education and law reform activities and work with pro bono partner firms and barristers.
- Deliver legal advice and casework as directed by the Practice Director
- Work collaboratively to provide a holistic, client-centered service to diverse clients within a human rights framework
- Deliver community education, engage in sector development and networking; contribute to law and policy reform
- Bachelor of Laws
- Demonstrated experience in a relevant area of civil law, for example banking, consumer protection,
insurance, civil litigation, compliance or similar
- Admitted or eligible for admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Current Unrestricted Practising Certificate
- The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically
- If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your
CV quoting reference: HRCLP012020-CON to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 31 January 2020. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.