Employer: Caxton Legal Centre Inc
Closing Date: 14 June 2019
Lawyer, Human Rights and Civil Law – REF: HRCL1001
Position: Lawyer, Human Rights and Civil Law
Classification: Level 5 – Full-time
Remuneration: $79,521 plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: full time fixed term contract till 4 June 2020
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking a full-time Lawyer to work in our Human Rights and Civil Law Practice. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing legal advice and casework to clients range of areas of law including human rights and anti-discrimination; employment; civil; credit and debt and consumer law.
· Apply and strengthen existing knowledge of relevant areas of law to deliver legal advice and casework as directed by the Practice Manager
· Work collaboratively to provide a holistic, client-centered service to diverse clients within a human rights framework
· Deliver community education, engage in sector development and networking; contribute to law and policy reform
· Bachelor of Laws
· Demonstrated experience in the area of Human Rights and Civil Law
· Admitted or eligible for admission as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland
· Current Unrestricted Practising Certificate
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: HRCL1001 to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 14 June 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.