Employer: Sandgate and Bracken Ridge Action Group (known as SANDBAG Inc)
Closing Date: 9 June 2020
Sandgate and Bracken Ridge Action Group (known as SANDBAG Inc) is an independent, not for profit, community based and managed organisation that works to assist and connect people with opportunities and supports within the North Brisbane Area. With locations at Sandgate and Bracken Ridge, the organisation responds to the needs of local communities by offering a range of supports, resources, services and business activities within an open and inclusive environment.
About the role
The Lead Quality Advisor will drive a consistent approach to quality, compliance, HR and accreditation systems and processes, ensuring high quality service provision and organisational efficiency.
Amongst our various services are Disability Support under the NDIS, Disability Employment Services, and Domestic Violence counselling. SANDBAG is compliant with, and need to continually keep pace with changes to, HSQF, NDIS, and DES standards as well as WHS and other regulatory standards.
If you have a strong working knowledge of standards and compliance, and have an eye for detail and thrive in a friendly, professional environment working with a variety of different people, please submit your application below.
Benefits and perks
- SCHADS Modern Award Level 5 TPEO remuneration – $41.45 p/h + super
- 22.5 hours per week
- Salary packaging tax benefits that come with working for a charitable organisation
- Make a difference in the communities we serve working with a great team culture
- Flexible working hours, you could choose to work within school hours
- Close to public transport, local cafes and town centre
- Family friendly workplace
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Services or related discipline and extensive experience in the community sector
- Demonstrated ability to implement, evaluate and improve quality, risk and compliance management systems and processes
- Well-developed understanding of accreditation and quality standards including NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission requirements, National Standards for Disability Services and Human Services Quality Standards
- Demonstrated understanding of, and competency in, contemporary human resource management practices including dispute resolution
- An ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a community-based setting with a diverse range of people including community members, staff, volunteers, managers, board members, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in using Microsoft programs, databases and compliance software
- A current driver’s license; current Blue Card and Yellow Card or eligibility to obtain and completed NDIS Worker Orientation module
Please email a cover letter (one page) and resume to Natalie Meynink [email protected]