Employer: Lizard Children's Centre
Closing Date: 8 January 2020
Lizard Children’s Centre, a wholly owned subsidiary of AAA Nextt Group Pty Ltd., is one of Australia’s leading providers of evidence-based intervention for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related developmental delays. There is currently an exciting opportunity for a casual Behaviour Therapist to work across the Brisbane Metro Region.
Lizard Children’s Centre in Brisbane is growing and we are looking for Behaviour Therapists to join our team in 2020!
If you have experience and a passion for working with children and are looking for regular casual work we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
As Behaviour Therapist you implement high quality applied behaviour analysis (ABA) sessions in a child’s home, day care or school following our Lizard model. This includes both structured and naturalistic teaching, collecting, recording and graphing all data as advised by the Program Supervisor and implementing any Behaviour Intervention Plans.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrates an ability to relate and play in an appropriate manner with children. This could include previous experience as a youth worker, working in a school, babysitting, caring for siblings etc.;
- Could be a student or graduate of an Allied Health discipline looking for work related to your field of study;
- Or has previous experience working with clients with ASD and wish to further develop your career in this area;
- Show an ability to develop and maintain a positive and objective relationship with a child’s family;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and families.
Why Work for Lizard?
- You will have the rewarding experience of changing the lives of children and their families;
- You will receive full in-house training from our team of Board Certified Behaviour Analysts and Clinicians before being placed on to our programs – offered in the lead up to start date in early 2020;
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team of like-minded professionals, including BCBAs and SLPs;
- Career development in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
Furthermore the successful candidate will be required to have a Blue card, satisfactory police check and current first aid and CPR certificate. Since travel is part of this role, it would be advantageous if you have a driver’s licence and your own transport.
To apply for this exciting position, please leave you details below. For further information please contact Natalie Elliott in our People and Culture team on 02 8565 8743.