Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: North Queensland
Closing Date: 8 December 2019
We are currently seeking to appoint a Local Service Manager to work as a part of our UnitingCare Families Team based in Mackay on a Full Time basis.
We are seeking an individual who is motivated and adaptable to change with the capability to work within an agile environment. In this role you will perform a range of high level, quality, administrative and financial functions including but not limited to:
- Provide Line Management, practice supervision and coordinate support, training and development for allocated staff, and operate as a role model and leader for program services to ensure internal local instructions and organisational policies and procedures are followed, which will include some regional travel.
- Contribute to the maximisation of synergies across UnitingCare as a single integrated organisation to improve service delivery and business performance, and to promote the Church’s work in health and community services in the broader community.
- Work within relevant quality and risk frameworks and guidelines in accordance with relevant standards to ensure delivery of high quality services, respect of clients’ rights and confidentiality.
- Drive continuous improvement activity including the local implementation of new or updated practice frameworks, policy, procedures, development and maintenance of service delivery documentation, development and monitoring of service improvement, audit, review and compliance.
- Provide service level knowledge and practice leadership, acting as a point of contact for UC consultations.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Tertiary Qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology or Social Science) as required by relevant service contracts
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to achieve service performance outcomes together with an ability to provide quality supervision and training
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Current Blue Card
- Current QLD Drivers Licence
As one of the largest employers in the sector and the state, UnitingCare offers the opportunity to develop your skills with a values based organization where people are at the centre of everything we do.
UnitingCare offers a variety of benefits including values based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits.
So don’t hesitate! Take the next step in your career with UnitingCare and apply now by submitting selection criteria, cover letter and resume!
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description.
Want to know more? For a confidential discussion please phone Jason Reid on (07)4930 7305 OR email [email protected]
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.