- Classification: Level 5
- Remuneration: $104,202 including super and attractive salary packaging options
- Type: Permanent full time
AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or on a low income when they come into contact with the law. We do this by strategically advocating to government, providing legal advice and social work services, publishing legal information and building community awareness about the issues faced by the people we help.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Manager – Client and Community Pathways supports the strategic objective of high quality, client and community focused, accessible pathways to the services delivered by the Centre. The role is responsible for providing leadership, supervision and support to the Centre’s team of staff and volunteers who provide intake, triage, information and referral services to clients. It provides oversight of key service initiatives and responses, ensuring human-rights and best-practice led processes. The role contributes to data capturing to meet KPIs and data analysis for the purpose of identifying opportunities and providing Centre-wide leadership on enhanced accessibility models.
- Lead, supervise and support the Client Services team to deliver high quality intake, triage, information and referral services
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve strong outcomes for clients and communities, and improve engagement, integration and collective capacity to address unmet legal and social support need in ways that are aligned with Caxton’s Theory of Change.
- Provide Centre-wide leadership on innovation and improvements to client/community access, client experience and centre efficiency in the application of finite resources including usage of data/IT systems and technologies.
- Contribute to strategies that aim to improve Client Services staff and volunteer engagement, wellbeing and retention.
- Develop, maintain and review key service deliverables and outcomes and support the Client Services team to reach their goals.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) provide insight on trends related to community legal needs and client/community pathways and contribute to centre-wide, initiatives and practice improvements
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (including but not limited to community services, social work, law or health)
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with responsibility of delivering key services within community sector and/or community legal sector
- Experience leading service delivery for community/clients experiencing disadvantage, vulnerability or complex needs, utilising and promoting person centred, trauma informed approaches
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with the requirement to manage conflicting priorities
- Advanced level of interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and foster relationships with a diverse range of people
- High level of computer literacy and competency in major administration software packages such as Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, Word), Sharepoint and CLASS
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’ and work independently in the absence of specific instruction
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet relevant deadlines
- Ability to appropriately deal with sensitive and highly confidential information with a high level of tact, discretion and judgement
- Strong communication skills, particularly in obtaining information from clients
- High level attention to detail
WHY CAXTON LEGAL?
Caxton Legal Centre has played a central part in Queensland’s legal landscape over the past 46 years, leading the state’s first Stolen Wages case, successfully representing well over 100 victims of the 2011 floods and continues to support clients affected by the 2022 floods, as well as paving the way for multidisciplinary service delivery to people experiencing elder abuse. We are an engaged, passionate and talented group of lawyers, social workers, and administrative staff with whom you are encouraged to collaborate and learn from in order to meet our client’s needs.
Our full-time staff enjoy a 35-hour working week paid at the full-time Award rate, salary packaging and with time off in lieu if additional approved hours are worked. Paid Christmas leave is provided during the office shut-down period in addition to four weeks paid annual leave.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and assist clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
These positions are designed to be based in South Brisbane alongside our other staff, however consideration can be made across the greater Brisbane area depending on need.
A Position Description for this role is attached.
Applications should be addressed to Damian Kelleher, COO, Caxton Legal.