Employer: SANDBAG Inc.
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
SANDBAG is a highly regarded, independent, not-for-profit community organisation with offices in Sandgate and Bracken Ridge. We are seeking an experienced professional, passionate about working with people with a disability to lead our Community Linking and Access Service. This role will be based at our Bracken Ridge hub.
- Salary range from $36.23 – $41.45 per hour (salary will be dependent on qualifications, skills and experience) plus superannuation and salary packaging
- Rare opportunity to work within school hours – 25 hours per week. Days can be negotiated
- Flexible and family friendly workplace
- Close local cafes and shops
SANDBAG (Sandgate and Bracken Ridge Action Group) offers a range of services to the community including skills, training and employment pathways, counselling, disability services, crisis support, community activities and events. We strive to assist individuals and groups to access a safe space, resolve crisis, break social isolation, access health and community services, and build community.
Working developmentally, our values strongly drive not only what we do but how we do it. Actively living these values underpins the approach of all those who work for or are connected with the organisation.
SANDBAG’s Community Linking and Access Service (CLAS) is committed to assisting people with a disability to take an active role in their local community. People are supported to access a range of activities and events and through this community involvement, connections and relationships are formed.
We are currently seeking a Manager to coordinate our CLAS program.
KEY CRITERIA TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE:
- Demonstrated knowledge, qualifications and experience working with people with a disability with complex needs
- The ability to coordinate all aspects of support for participants of the CLAS program including service entry and exit; risk identification; participant, family and department liaison within the NDIS framework
- Ability to lead a team of Disability Support Workers including supervision of practice, performance appraisal, staff recruitment and work allocation
- Ability to maintain accurate records to ensure legislative compliance with NDIS standards
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Confidence in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills
- High level of computer literacy skills including MS office
- A current National Police Clearance (Blue and Yellow Card), First Aid Certificate and completed NDIS Worker orientation module or willingness to obtain
- A current Drivers License
A position description is attached.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply submit a one page cover letter addressing how you meet the key criteria of the role and resume to [email protected], using the subject line: Manager – Community Linking and Access Service application via QCOSS.
Applications will be considered as they arrive, so early application will be advantageous.