Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: Sunshine Coast
Closing Date: 18 October 2019
Do you have exceptional skills and knowledge in the area of Domestic and Family Violence? Yes! We are seeking a passionate and experienced Male for the role of Men’s Domestic and Family Violence Facilitator and Counsellor.
The role will include engaging men who use violence, with a strong focus on safety for women and their children, using safety, accountability and responsibility frameworks. The position includes conducting individual intake and assessments with male clients to determine their eligibility and suitability for the sixteen week Men Choosing Change (MCC) group program. The role requires ongoing risk assessments for the safety of women and children in partnership with the Women’s Advocacy and Children’s Counselling services.
We are seeking a Men’s Domestic and Family Violence Facilitator and Counsellor to work on a 6 month contract, part time 4 days or full time to deliver our men’s behaviour change program in the Sunshine Coast/Gympie Regions.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Bachelor) in a relevant human services field, with registration or eligible membership with an appropriate professional body (e.g. AASW, APS, PACFA Member Association)
- Exceptional skills and knowledge in the area of Domestic and Family Violence
- Significant knowledge and skilled application of frameworks and practice models which encourage attitudinal and behavioural changes
- Ability to work therapeutically with adults experiencing complex issues from a broad range of intellectual abilities, motivational levels, health profiles and cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Experience working with mandated or potentially resistant clients preferred but not essential
- Experience in facilitating relevant group work
- Substantial experience working with children and families
- Experience in the area of child protection is preferred but not essential
- Blue Card for Child Related Employment
- Current Drivers Licence
base salary + super+ salary packaging + employee benefits
The UnitingCare salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
Culture and Benefits
Our shared values drive the way we work- Compassion, Respect, Justice, Working Together and Leading through Learning. Aligned to our values, our commitment to you is:
- Training for your role now and development opportunities for your career
- Diverse work arrangements and opportunities
- Support to undertake tertiary study
- Corporate private health discounts
- Competitive personal and income insurance
You can apply for this role now by submitting your cover letter, resume and responses to the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages):
- What are the key issues for you when working with men who use domestic and family violence?
- How does your knowledge of trauma inform your practice?
- When working with men who use domestic and family violence, what are some of the key considerations in group facilitation?
- What are the key principles of the “Safe and Together Model” and how does this inform your practice?
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community