Employer: SANDBAG Inc.
Closing Date: 5 December 2019
Sandgate and Bracken Ridge Action Group (known as SANDBAG) is an independent, not for profit, community based and managed organisation, which works to assist and connect people with opportunities and supports within the North Brisbane Area. With locations at Sandgate and Bracken Ridge the organisation responds to the needs of local communities by offering a range of supports, resources, services and business activities within an open and inclusive environment.
SANDBAG Inc. values the importance of relationships and a collaborative approach, working closely with others in the community including community organisations, local businesses and volunteers.
The value and importance of community is at the heart of our work as we strive to fulfil Our Vision for Diverse and Resilient Communities where people Connect, Share and Grow. For more information about SANDBAG please see our websites: www.sandbag.org.au or www.seedppm.com.au
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Neighbourhood Coordinator position is a newly created, hands on role, overseeing the operations of SANDBAG’s diverse range of neighbourhood and development programs, projects and events. You will be required to support the CEO and lead the Neighbourhood team in the identification of opportunities, further development and growth of the program in line with the strategic vision and direction of the organisation; including identifying and applying for relevant funding.
You will also be required to ensure the reporting, financial and risk management of SANDBAG’s neighbourhood services are completed, on time and within budget.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Newly created, leadership position within a highly regarded not-for-profit, community based organisation.
- $41.45 per hour + super and salary packaging
- Very close to public transport, local cafes and town centre
- Work within school hours – 25 hours per week
- Flexible and family friendly workplace
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work or Human Services and/ or extensive experience in Not For Profit community-based organisations and/or local/state government entities in the delivery of human services to such target groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply community development theories and social justice principles to build community capacity.
- Experience in managing and supervising staff and volunteers.
- Program and project coordination experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant applications.
- Extensive knowledge of current policies, practices, trends and philosophies relating to the provision of community services to highly disadvantaged target groups.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competency in working with diversity.
- A positive, proactive approach which examples SANDBAG’s values.
- A valid Blue Card or ability to acquire; and current Driver’s License.
To apply submit a one page cover letter addressing how you meet the key criteria of the role and include your resume by 5pm Thursday 5th December 2019.
For further information on the role or for a copy of the position description, please contact Natalie Meynink Lead Quality Advisor ph: 3269 0277 or email [email protected]
Applications will be considered as they arrive, so early application will be advantageous.
SANDBAG strives to employ people who reflect the diversity of the individuals and communities we work with. People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds and People with a Disability are encouraged to apply.