Contribute to your local community to deliver exceptional healthcare
- Chair and Member opportunities across Queensland Hospital and Health Boards
- Part–time statutory appointments commencing April 2024
- Diverse skills and experience required for Member and Chair positions
The Queensland Government delivers free universal healthcare to five million Queenslanders through Queensland Health. The Queensland Government is investing a record $25.8 billion into healthcare.
Queensland’s 16 Hospital and Health Boards provide governance to their respective Hospital and Health Service (HHS) and are responsible for the delivery of healthcare in their region. The Boards are accountable to the Minister for Health, Mental Health and Ambulance Services and Minister for Women and must perform the functions in accordance with the Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011.
Board members are leaders in their local communities and have the ability to shape the future of health care in their region, whilst enhancing the efficient, effective and sustainable delivery of health services.
The Queensland Government is seeking applications from appropriately experienced individuals to fill a range of Board vacancies across the State. To be successful in this role, you:
- are ready and able to add value to the Board through your skills, knowledge and experience, including but not limited to, any of the following areas of expertise: health management; business management; financial management; human resource management; clinical expertise; legal expertise; primary healthcare; health consumer and community engagement; and persons with skills, knowledge and experience in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and community issues;
- are able to analyse, critically assess and drive performance;
- have the confidence and connections to strengthen community engagement and collaborative partnerships;
- are a leader who thinks strategically, embodies personal integrity, has political astuteness, commercial acumen, resilience and are a team player; and
- are available to travel to the HHS communities if you are located outside the region.
Applications are to be submitted online. To obtain the Applicant Information Pack and instructions on how to submit your application, please visit www.executivequarter.com.au/hhb
These opportunities are remunerated in accordance with Queensland Government guidelines. We strongly encourage First Nations people, women, people with expertise in multiculturalism, young people and people with disabilities to apply. A range of probity checks will be undertaken for persons being considered for appointment.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 11 October 2023.
Should you wish to receive assistance on submitting your application, please contact Executive Quarter who are facilitating this process on 0497 499 749 or [email protected]