Overview of the work area and position
Response Staffing is recruiting for our client Ablecare who provides a range of NDIS services including
- Supports Coordination
- Case Management Mental Health
- NDIS Therapy Services
- Assistive Technology Prescription
- Home Modifications
We are recruiting for an occupational therapist to join a Brisbane North team based in Mitchelton for a role offering a contemporary evidence based service providing high quality services for
1. Assistive Technology and Equipment including home modifications – assessment, quoting, sourcing, trial and implementation.
2. Occupational Therapy Assessments and plans relating to independent living support for people with psychosocial and physical disabilities.
The occupational therapy service aims to provide collaborative care involving the consumer and key stakeholders within a business model.
At this level it is expected that you will provide high quality interventions and achieve sound outcomes for customers across the lifespan under minimal supervision, and in a variety of settings.
It is also an expectation that you will contribute your expertise to the multidisciplinary team, provide supervision to support non clinical staff as well as direct mentoring and direct clinical practice with consumers and clients.
Mandatory: Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy.
Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or eligibility for membership with the appropriate professional organisation.
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
1. Provide a high level of appropriate skilled clinical assessment and interventions to clients -this includes delivery of services in residential care settings and community settings.
2. Exercise independent professional judgement in solving problems and managing cases where principles, procedures and techniques require expansion, adaptation or modification.
3. Contribute to the promotion, planning, development and evaluation of occupational therapy programs and services.
4. Contribute to the evaluation and analysis of policies and procedures applicable to professional practice.
5. Complete case and program records to standards required and meet reporting and data collection requirements.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must forward a current resume including confirmation of your professional indemnity and current registration status.
We look forward to receiving your application !
Please Note: Only the successful applicants will be contacted.