Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Region: Far North Queensland
Closing Date: 10 June 2019
We are currently seeking to appoint a Placement Support Worker to join our Foster and Kinship Care team on a Full Time basis, based in Cairns.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist with the recruitment and induction of Foster & Kinship Carers.
- Deliver initial and ongoing training to prospective Carer applicants and approved Carers.
- Undertake interviews which facilitate the comprehensive assessment of prospective Carers and renewal of Carer approvals, this may require at times some after-hour home visits to complete such interviews.
- Provide high quality support for Carers, including participation in the after-hours home on-call service, and monitor the placement of children and young people through regular home visits.
- Establish and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with government and non-government agencies.
- Assist with the Intake/referrals and matching of children to care placements as well as administration tasks for accurate data reporting and record keeping for licensing.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in Child Protection and demonstrated skills and experience in working with children and families, particularly in the area of assessment writing, providing professional development to Foster/Kinship and Respite Carers through working in partnership and being innovative in responding during times of crisis.
Supplementing this, the ideal candidate will present with the following:
- Tertiary qualification relevant to the Human Services field.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and make objective judgements and the ability to articulate recommendations for Carer assessments within a structured assessment framework.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to produce clear, accurate and concise written case notes and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Possession of Cert IV in Workplace Training & Assessment (or willingness to obtain).
$74,238.32 + super+ salary packaging + employee benefits
The UnitingCare salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
Culture and Benefits:
Our shared values drive the way we work- Compassion, Respect, Justice, Working Together and Leading through Learning. Aligned to our values, our commitment to you is training, diverse work arrangements and opportunities, support to undertake tertiary study, corporate private health discounts and competitive personal and income insurance.
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.