Employer: Uniting Care Queensland
Closing Date: 13 May 2021
We are seeking to attract a motivated individual, who is a team player to join our Brisbane Foster and Kinship Care team as a Placement Worker. The purpose of this role is to provide high quality support and case management to Foster and Kinship Carers and the children and young people in their care.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Case management of foster and kinship carer families
- Conduct interviews and undertake assessment writing of initial and renewal carer assessments
- Assist the team with coordinating intake/referrals and placement matching to carer households
- Support the delivery of quality care training for carer applicants
- Participate in recruitment, development and training of foster and kinship carers
- Maintain documentation and information such as carer renewals, foster care agreements, case notes and other records on our Client Management System.
- Applied knowledge of relevant Child Protection legislation and delivering Foster and Kinship Care services
- Experience in assessment writing
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology or Social Science)
- Current drivers’ licence.
- A current Blue Card or willingness to make an application for one
- Must also be willing to undergo personal history checks under the provision of the Child Protection Act 1999 in relation to Licensing of Care Services
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training is highly desirable.
Supporting you to support others
Family and Disability Services is a respected industry leader and one of Queensland’s largest community service providers, with a wide range of services that provide support to vulnerable individuals, families and communities in metropolitan, regional and remote locations across the State. We’re proudly not-for-profit and offer you:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work in a friendly and supportive, value based workplace
- Opportunity to significantly increase your pay with our salary packaging program
- Receive trauma informed training that underpins working within the CARE framework
- Continued professional development opportunities
Ready to work together?
Our application process takes less than 15 minutes – Click the ‘APPLY’ button below to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.