Employer: Centacare North Queensland
Region: North Queensland
Closing Date: 24 October 2019
- Townsville location
- Full Time Permanent and Full Time Fixed Term
Centacare provides counselling, family support, mediation, family dispute resolution, disability services, education and courses, crisis housing and homelessness support, youth services, community engagement and aged care services. Centacare services the North Queensland community from offices in Townsville, Ayr, Bowen, Mt Isa, Cloncurry, Longreach and Normanton.
Benefits you will enjoy
- Salary Sacrifice
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave and 1 day Birthday Leave
- Professional Development and Study Leave
- Relocation Assistance
About the Role
We are seeking a Practitioner to join our Education and Life Skills Program where our aim is to enhance individual quality of life and strengthen family relationships through psycho-social education group work. We currently have a permanent position and a fixed term position until June 2020.
In this role you will:
- Work with groups of individuals in their journey through program engagement, and acquiring new skills and knowledge
- Facilitating new connections and supports in the broader community for clients.
- Review, evaluate and develop group processes and course content.
- Collaborate with team members in the planning and implementation of all courses.
- Facilitate courses for children and adult groups.
- Effectively engage and communicate with children and adults using a variety of approaches
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Behavioural Sciences
- Ability to apply psycho-social skills during all stages of client contact
- Demonstrate knowledge of theoretical frameworks associated with group work, child development, trauma, family dynamics and functioning
- Drivers licence
- Yellow and Blue Card
If this opportunity is something you are interested in, then we want to hear from you. Please apply online or for more information email [email protected]