Full time, 12-month, Fixed term contract
$65,000 – $70,000 per annum + super + salary sacrificing option and meal entertainment
Brisbane based position
The Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak (QATSICPP) is the peak body representing, advocating, and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander child protection and family support sector in Queensland.
By sharing our collective knowledge and experience, we can all make a positive impact on policies and practices to combat the overrepresentation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in Queensland’s child protection system.
About the role
This role is responsible for providing full HR administrative support to the business including maintaining HR systems and administration of the employee life cycle – recruitment, onboarding, performance management, offboarding and compliance.
Desired skills and abilities
- Experience with end-to-end recruitment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Reliable, proactive, and confident working with a diverse range of people
- Knowledge of employment legislation
- Relevant work experience and/or HR qualification desirable but not essential
- A current Queensland Working with Children Card (Blue Card) or eligible to apply
Why join us?
Our vision is a future where all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people are physically, emotionally, and spiritually strong, live in a safe, caring, and nurturing environment within their own families and communities, and are afforded the same life opportunities available to other children and young people to fully realise their potential.
This is what our team members say about working at QATSICPP:
- “The QATSICPP team are an amazing group of diverse, talented, and passionate individuals. The work we do in the community-controlled sector on family led decision making has provided me with a sense of pride and achievement in my role. I have truly gained a sense of belonging in this team and I am excited to see where my journey at QATSICPP will take me.” Olivia, Project Officer
- “I really enjoy working in such a caring, respectful workplace, where our diversity is our strength and you can learn from some truly amazing people doing some really important work.” Lucas, Policy Officer
- “Joining the QATSICPP team has been one of the best career moves I have made. I love the opportunities to reinvest creative skills I acquired in years of volunteer work into our projects.” Paula, Communication and Events Co-ordinator
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 for general expenses plus additional salary packaging of $2,650 for entertainment expenses
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements and work from home options
- Paid continuous professional development
- Gifted leave days for end of year office shut-down period
- Gym membership contribution
Further Information and Application Process
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like further information, please email [email protected] Applications close on Sunday, 11 December 2022.
Please note, we reserve the right to appoint to the position before the published closing date. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible.
Your application will include
A cover letter (1 page) demonstrating your key capabilities and experience supported by your current resume. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide two referees.
QATSICPP is an equal opportunity employer that fosters a positive culture and offers a safe and supportive work environment. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.