Employer: Queenslanders with Disability Network
Closing Date: 11 July 2022
POSITION TITLE: Project Officer – Engagement
CLASSIFICATION: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Social and Community Services Employee, Level 5
HOURS: Up to 38 hours per week (one year fixed term contract with possible extension based on available funding)
TOTAL REMUNERATION: $84,850.48 – $88,691.20 per year (pro rata where applicable), plus 10.5% Superannuation, with available salary sacrifice option
LOCATION: Brisbane – travel as required
ABOUT QUEENSLANDERS WITH DISABILITY NETWORK LTD (QDN)
QDN is a member based representative body of over 2000 people with a disability and their supporters. Our vision is that people with disability are active and valued citizens of Queensland. Our mission is to empower people with disability to be fully included as citizens in the social and economic life of the community.
QDN’s work is centred around a strong state-wide network of people with disability across Queensland, to inform, connect, lead and influence change to deliver an inclusive Queensland community.
QDN EXISTS TO promote and maintain active, vibrant local networks that inform our work and build local capacity; enhance the leadership and influencing capability of people with a disability;
- let people know about the lives of people with disability and how to best engage with us; influence governments and others to bring about full and equal participation, citizenship and protection of rights for all; grow an independently sustainable, effective, accountable and rights-based organisation that reflects our vision, mission, values and principles.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS AND REPORTING STRUCTURES
The Project Officer reports directly to the Manager of the specific project. This position works as part of a team where interdependencies and collaboration with colleagues, QDN members and internal and external stakeholders are critical to the successful delivery of projects, services and activities.
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE
The appointee is accountable for the delivery of work assignments and projects, recognising when matters need to be referred to management for resolution. They will work to ensure the timely achievement of deliverables, within agreed budgets and performance levels. The position may require some travel.
The appointee will work within the requirements of relevant legislation including the Queensland Human Rights Act, and QDN’s Quality System, demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and contribute to internal and external auditing processes as required under ISO9000.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Fulfil this role in accordance with QDN’s policies and procedures, and:
- Coordinate the delivery of projects for engagement with people with disability, seeking assistance where required from the Projects Manager;
- Use a high level of relevant knowledge to establish programs & procedures, set priorities, monitor workflows, ensuring successful delivery of projects;
- Plan, coordinate and supervise activities for the benefit of people with disability and other stakeholders, including meetings, workshops, and other resource development;
- Successfully engage and manage relationships with key stakeholders and allies, including QDN members, people with disability, government and community organisations to deliver project outcomes where required;
- Ongoing input of QDN’s systemic policy work, and into the format, content, processes and resources of the organisation’s activities, meetings and workshops for people with disability and key stakeholders where required;
- Participate actively in QDN specific team meetings and other internal processes and compliance with relevant State and Commonwealth legislation and frameworks including QDN’s Quality Management System, NDIS Quality and Safeguards and Queensland Human Rights Act;
- Other duties as required by CEO or line manager.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High level of knowledge and awareness of the disability sector.
- Experience delivering projects in the disability sector or related area.
- Demonstrated effective engagements skills across a broad range of consumer, community and government stakeholders; with engagement experience in the disability, health or human services areas;
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to:
- build and maintain effective working relationships;
- provide multi-disciplinary advice to a range of stakeholders, including QDN members, supporters and allies, Government and Community stakeholders;
- effectively communicate information and ideas and work cooperatively with others;
- work as part of a team in a complex and changing environment, and ability to manage competing demands within limited timeframes.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate initiative and judgement to solve problems.
Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) and relevant experience in the areas of disability, human services and/or social sciences.
REMUNERATION AND CONDITIONS
The position is based in Brisbane, however travel may be required.
QDN operates under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 and the position is paid as a Social and Community Services Employee, Level 5 for up to 38 hours per week.
The ability to gain a cleared National Police History Check and possess a current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
As a disability services organisation, QDN has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for staff, paid contractors, and volunteers, in compliance with the Queensland Government Workers in a Healthcare Setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements) Direction. Evidence of vaccination will need to be provided prior to appointment.
The appointee must ensure that they hold and keep current the required registration to perform in the role (e.g. yellow or blue card, AHPRA, driver’s licence) and advise QDN of any change in circumstances that may impact on the continuation of registration or licence.
QDN is a proud employer of people with disability, and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions. We are an Equal Employer Opportunity employer and we embrace the diversity of our people, such as diversity in disability, race, cultural background, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or intersex status.
Should you require further information contact Michelle Moss, Director, Policy and Strategic Engagement on [email protected], using the subject line: Project Officer – Engagement enquiry or call 07 3252 8566.
Please refer to our website www.qdn.org.au for more information about QDN.
To be considered for the role, please provide a written application by 11th July 2022 addressing the requirements of the position (max three pages), a resume and a covering letter via Seek, Ethical Jobs or email [email protected].
Address: 338 Turbot Street
Suburb: Spring Hill