Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Closing Date: 15 January 2020
About the Opportunity
Project SEARCH is an innovative, business-led, one-year employment preparation program that takes place entirely within a host workplace. The program assists young people with a disability to undertake an internship that provides on the job training across three particular roles within large service organisations such as hospitals and aged care environments.
Project SEARCH began in the US in 1996 at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and is now operating in sites across the United States and Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and the Netherlands. http://www.projectsearch.us
In 2019 Uniting Care Queensland launched Australia’s first Project SEARCH site at The Wesley Hospital in Brisbane and due to the success of the program, will be launching a second program site at Blue Care, Ipswich in 2020.
We are currently seeking a full time Team Leader to join our Project SEARCH team based in Ipswich. The work schedule for this position is:
- 76 hours per fortnight, Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.00pm
The successful applicant will be employed under a fixed term contract ending on the 26/02/2021, with a view to permanency subject to the success of the program in this region.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Hold a deep commitment to the social value of people a disability.
- Previous experience leading high performing teams to deliver NDIS funded employment supports and / or Disability Employment Services to young people with a disability is preferred.
- In depth knowledge / experience in relation to the varied learning styles and modified training needs required by young people with a disability.
- Well developed understanding of the local labour market and employer recruitment needs.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, time management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use individual initiative and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Applicants who are self driven, results orientated with a strong attendance history within previous employment are highly desired.
- Positive Notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card).
- Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card)
- Current QLD Driver’s Licence
Base Salary + Super + Salary Packaging
The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive remuneration package, dependent on experience, paid in accordance with the UnitingCare Enterprise Agreement.
UnitingCare offer a variety of benefits including values based work environment, discounted products and services, attractive salary packaging, career development and lifestyle benefits.
Culture and Benefits
As one of the largest employers in the sector and the state, UnitingCare offers the opportunity to develop your skills within a values based organization where people are at the centre of everything we do.
Our shared values drive the way that we work – Compassion, Respect, Justice, Working Together and Leading through Learning. Aligned to our values, our commitment to you is:
- Training for your role now and development opportunities for your career
- Diverse work arrangements and opportunities
- Support to undertake tertiary study
- Corporate private health discounts
- Competitive personal and income insurance
Further information can be obtained by viewing the attached Position Description.
Take the next step in your career with UnitingCare and apply now by submitting your cover letter, resume and selection criteria.
For more information, please contact the details below.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.